Draft Pick Tracker – March 14th, 2017
Welcome back to your daily Sixers draft pick tracker.
We’ll start off with a table at the top summarizing the status of the three picks, then we’ll list out last night’s games and whether their results were good or bad for the Sixers draft pick positioning, and follow that up with tonight’s games and who you should root for. Finally, we’ll have some tables at the bottom providing some additional details on the various draft picks, including odds that the Lakers pick conveys at each position.
(In parenthesis will be whether the outcome is good or bad for that pick, if it happened last night, and who to cheer for if the game takes place tonight).
2017 Draft Pick Tracker – Summary
|Pick||Place||GB (from 2nd)||Games Left||Notes|
|Lakers||2nd||—||15||44.2% chance at conveying|
|Sixers||5th||4.5||16||88 lottery combinations|
|Kings||t6th||6.0||15||53 lottery combinations|
Last night’s results:
- Denver beat LAL (bad): This is bad if you a) want the Lakers to move up to the 3rd worst record, b) haven’t given up on that dream. As I’ve been saying, I think it’s time to just accept the Lakers finishing with the 2nd worst record and to be pleasantly
surprisedshocked if that changes.
- Sacramento beat Orlando (very bad): This one hurt. The Magic made a late comeback, pulling to within 1 late in the 4th quarter before falling. The Magic passing the Sixers (1 game back) and Kings (2.5 back) could add upwards of 68 lottery ball combinations to the Sixers chances on May 16th. The win snaps an 8 game losing streak for the Kings.
- Philadelphia @ Golden State (go GS): The W’s are struggling (have lost 5 of 7), but I don’t think you have to worry about this one, Sixers fans.
- Portland @ New Orleans (go Pels): The Pelicans are just a half game up on the Kings (and even in the win column), and some separation would be great.
- Indiana @ New York (go Knicks): The Knicks are tied with the Kings and Pelicans at 26 wins, and pushing Sacramento down into that 6th spot would help the Sixers.
Current combined odds for Sixers/Kings pick swap:
- #1 pick: 14.1% (-1.0% change from yesterday)
- Top-3 pick: 44.0% (-2.5% change from yesterday)
- Two Top-5 Picks: 29.6% (-1.3% change from yesterday)
Lakers Pick (currently 2nd):
Lakers draft pick – Current Status:
|Team||Place||Record||GB (from LAL)||Games Left||Last 10|
(Where the Lakers currently are in the standings)
Lakers Draft Pick Matrix:
What odds the Lakers have of getting each pick (columns) depending on where they finish in the standings (rows). In red means the Sixers would not get the pick. The row in bold is where the Lakers are if the season finished today. All odds assume no ties in the final standings).
Sixers/Kings Pick (currently 5th):
|Team||Place||Record||GB (Sixers)||Games Left||Last 10||Lotto combinations|
(How the Sixers and Kings fit into the standings. Lottery ball combinations based on if the season ended today.)
Follow @DerekBodnerNBA on twitter