Draft Pick Tracker – March 17th, 2017
Welcome back to your daily Sixers draft pick tracker.
We’ll start off with a table at the top summarizing the status of the three picks, then we’ll list out last night’s games and whether their results were good or bad for the Sixers draft pick positioning, and follow that up with tonight’s games and who you should root for. Finally, we’ll have some tables at the bottom providing some additional details on the various draft picks, including odds that the Lakers pick conveys at each position.
(In parenthesis will be whether the outcome is good or bad for that pick, if it happened last night, and who to cheer for if the game takes place tonight).
2017 Draft Pick Tracker – Summary
|Pick||Place||GB (from 2nd)||Games Left||Notes|
|Lakers||2nd||—||14||44.2% chance at conveying|
|Sixers||5th||4.5||15||88 lottery combinations|
|Kings||t7th||7.0||14||36 lottery combinations|
Last night’s results:
- Golden State beat Orlando (bad): No surprise here, but the Orlando loss keeps them at 24 wins, same as the Sixers but with 2 fewer games remaining.
- Brooklyn beat the Knicks (bad): Tough loss for the pick swap, as it seemed a very winnable game for New York and keeps them tied in the win column with the Kings.
- Bucks @ Lakers (go Lakers): Lakers remain 2 games back from the Suns, and this is finally a game you can cheer for the Lakers without consequence.
- Wolves @ Heat (go Wolves): Minnesota’s a win up on Sacramento, so some more separation would be good for the Sixers.
- Rockets @ Pelicans (go Pelicans): The Pelicans remain tied with the Kings, so a win would push Sacramento down in the standings.
- Mavs @ Sixers: Nerlens vs Jah.
- Magic @ Suns (go Magic): The Magic remain tied with the Sixers at 24 wins, so a victory would bump them ahead of the Sixers and within 2 wins of the Kings. A Phoenix loss would also keep them closer to the Lakers.
Current combined odds for Sixers/Kings pick swap:
- #1 pick: 12.4% (-0.9% change from yesterday)
- Top-3 pick: 39.5% (-2.4% change from yesterday)
- Two top-5 picks: 27.3% (-1.3% change from yesterday)
Lakers Pick (currently 2nd):
Lakers draft pick – Current Status:
|Team||Place||Record||GB (from LAL)||Games Left||Last 10|
(Where the Lakers currently are in the standings)
Lakers Draft Pick Matrix:
What odds the Lakers have of getting each pick (columns) depending on where they finish in the standings (rows). In red means the Sixers would not get the pick. The row in bold is where the Lakers are if the season finished today. All odds assume no ties in the final standings).
Sixers/Kings Pick (currently 5th/t7th):
|Team||Place||Record||GB (Sixers)||Games Left||Last 10||Lotto combinations|
(How the Sixers and Kings fit into the standings. Lottery ball combinations based on if the season ended today.)
Follow @DerekBodnerNBA on twitter