Draft Pick Tracker – April 3rd, 2017
Welcome back to your daily Sixers draft pick tracker.
For the first time since I started this tracker almost a month ago, by virtue of the Suns 12 game losing streak, the Lakers are in the 3rd slot.
Here’s a graph over how the Sixers’ lottery odds have changed by date. Included in the graphs are lines for the odds of the #1 pick, a top-3 pick, and of having two top-5 picks after May 16th’s lottery.
2017 Draft Pick Tracker – Summary
|Pick||Place||GB (from 2nd)||Games Left||Notes|
|Lakers||3rd||—||5||53.1% chance at conveying|
|Sixers||5th||6.0||5||88 lottery combinations|
|Kings||7th||8.0||5||43 lottery combinations|
- LAL beat Memphis (great): The Lakers won! The win bumps the Lakers, for the first time since I began the tracker on March 6th, into the 3rd slot. If the season ended today the Sixers would have a 53.1% chance of getting the pick this year.
- Boston beat New York (bad): Not surprising, but not great. The Knicks have 5 games left to pick up a win on the Kings.
- Houston beat Phoenix (great): Neither James Harden or Trevor Ariza played for the Rockets, but the Suns tank game is strong. Their 12th straight defeat paved the way for the Lakers to jump them in the standings.
- Toronto beat Philadelphia (good): Play hard, lose against a good team, a Philadelphia spring tradition. One game ahead of Orlando (4th) and one behind New York (6th) in the standings.
- Portland @ Minnesota (go Wolves): Minnesota is tied with Sacramento in the win column (albeit with 2 games in hand). Portland is in the midst of a 6 game winning streak, but this would be huge if the Wolves can find a way to pull this one out.
Current combined odds for Sixers/Kings pick swap:
- #1 pick: 13.1% (no change since yesterday)
- Top-3 pick: 41.4%% (no change since yesterday)
- Two top-5 picks: 30.8% (+2.5% change since yesterday)
Lakers Pick (currently 3rd):
Lakers draft pick – Current Status:
|Team||Place||Record||GB (from LAL)||Games Left||Last 10|
(Where the Lakers currently are in the standings)
Lakers Draft Pick Matrix:
What odds the Lakers have of getting each pick (columns) depending on where they finish in the standings (rows). In red means the Sixers would not get the pick. The row in bold is where the Lakers are if the season finished today. All odds assume no ties in the final standings).
Sixers/Kings Pick (currently 5th/7th):
|Team||Place||Record||GB (Sixers)||Games Left||Last 10||Lotto combinations|
(How the Sixers and Kings fit into the standings. Lottery ball combinations based on if the season ended today.)
Follow @DerekBodnerNBA on twitter