Draft Pick Tracker – April 4th, 2017
Welcome back to your daily Sixers draft pick tracker.
Nothing changed, outside of the Wolves putting more separation between themselves and the Kings.
Here’s a graph over how the Sixers’ lottery odds have changed by date. Included in the graphs are lines for the odds of the #1 pick, a top-3 pick, and of having two top-5 picks after May 16th’s lottery.
2017 Draft Pick Tracker – Summary
|Pick||Place||GB (from 2nd)||Games Left||Notes|
|Lakers||3rd||—||5||53.1% chance at conveying|
|Sixers||5th||6.0||5||88 lottery combinations|
|Kings||7th||8.0||5||43 lottery combinations|
- Minnesota beat Portland (good): The Wolves edged out a narrow, unexpected 110-109 win over Portland, which gives them one more win than the Kings and a game in hand.
- Orlando @ Cleveland (go Magic): The Magic, sitting at 27 wins, are just 1 behind the Sixers. “You should rest players *clap clap clapclapclap*”.
- Minnesota @ Golden State (go Wolves): One or two more victories is all the Wolves should hopefully need to keep Sacramento in the bottom 7. That being said, this is an obviously unlikely candidate considering the opponent and the fact that the Wolves just played last night.
- Chicago @ New York (go Knicks): The Knicks are sandwiched between the Sixers and the Kings with 29 wins. A lot of ping pong ball combinations rest on how they finish out the season.
- Brooklyn @ Philadelphia: Besides the game against the Knicks to end the season, this might be the Sixers most winnable game, which makes it an incredibly important game.
- Dallas @ Sacramento (go Mavs): Kings losses are good. Not many games left. Importance: high.
Current combined odds for Sixers/Kings pick swap:
- #1 pick: 13.1% (no change since yesterday)
- Top-3 pick: 41.4%% (no change since yesterday)
- Two top-5 picks: 30.8% (no change since yesterday)
Lakers Pick (currently 3rd):
Lakers draft pick – Current Status:
|Team||Place||Record||GB (from LAL)||Games Left||Last 10|
(Where the Lakers currently are in the standings)
Lakers Draft Pick Matrix:
What odds the Lakers have of getting each pick (columns) depending on where they finish in the standings (rows). In red means the Sixers would not get the pick. The row in bold is where the Lakers are if the season finished today. All odds assume no ties in the final standings).
Sixers/Kings Pick (currently 5th/7th):
|Team||Place||Record||GB (Sixers)||Games Left||Last 10||Lotto combinations|
(How the Sixers and Kings fit into the standings. Lottery ball combinations based on if the season ended today.)
Follow @DerekBodnerNBA on twitter